- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
MoveOn members urge Don Manzullo to oppose proposed millionaire tax bailout
From press release
Thursday, Dec. 2, MoveOn members will gather at noon outside of U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo’s (R-16) office at 415 S. Mulford Road, Rockford, to urge him to stand up for Illinois working families and oppose the Republican-supported Bush-era millionaire tax breaks.
Republicans in Congress are attempting to make President Bush’s tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans, which expire at the end of the year, permanent. At the event, participants will highlight that extending the millionaire tax giveaway is not good for the economy, and is also unpopular among voters.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue