- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
MoveOn members urge Don Manzullo to oppose proposed millionaire tax bailout
From press release
Thursday, Dec. 2, MoveOn members will gather at noon outside of U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo’s (R-16) office at 415 S. Mulford Road, Rockford, to urge him to stand up for Illinois working families and oppose the Republican-supported Bush-era millionaire tax breaks.
Republicans in Congress are attempting to make President Bush’s tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans, which expire at the end of the year, permanent. At the event, participants will highlight that extending the millionaire tax giveaway is not good for the economy, and is also unpopular among voters.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue