- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
MoveOn members urge Don Manzullo to oppose proposed millionaire tax bailout
From press release
Thursday, Dec. 2, MoveOn members will gather at noon outside of U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo’s (R-16) office at 415 S. Mulford Road, Rockford, to urge him to stand up for Illinois working families and oppose the Republican-supported Bush-era millionaire tax breaks.
Republicans in Congress are attempting to make President Bush’s tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans, which expire at the end of the year, permanent. At the event, participants will highlight that extending the millionaire tax giveaway is not good for the economy, and is also unpopular among voters.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue