- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
MoveOn members urge Don Manzullo to oppose proposed millionaire tax bailout
From press release
Thursday, Dec. 2, MoveOn members will gather at noon outside of U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo’s (R-16) office at 415 S. Mulford Road, Rockford, to urge him to stand up for Illinois working families and oppose the Republican-supported Bush-era millionaire tax breaks.
Republicans in Congress are attempting to make President Bush’s tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans, which expire at the end of the year, permanent. At the event, participants will highlight that extending the millionaire tax giveaway is not good for the economy, and is also unpopular among voters.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue