- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
MoveOn members urge Don Manzullo to oppose proposed millionaire tax bailout
From press release
Thursday, Dec. 2, MoveOn members will gather at noon outside of U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo’s (R-16) office at 415 S. Mulford Road, Rockford, to urge him to stand up for Illinois working families and oppose the Republican-supported Bush-era millionaire tax breaks.
Republicans in Congress are attempting to make President Bush’s tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans, which expire at the end of the year, permanent. At the event, participants will highlight that extending the millionaire tax giveaway is not good for the economy, and is also unpopular among voters.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue