- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
RC professors to sign their new book at Barnes & Noble
From press release
If you haven’t picked up the book We Are a College At War: Women Working for Victory in WWII, here’s your chance to pick it up and have it signed by the authors.
Rockford College professors Mary Weaks-Baxter, English, and Christine Brunn, emerita professor of psychology, will be at Barnes & Noble at CherryVale Mall, from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 4. A third author, Prof. Catherine Forslund, history, cannot attend the event but will be at the bookstore earlier to sign copies of the book.
The book-signing will be done in conjunction with Womanspace, a local nonprofit agency that will benefit from a portion of book sales Dec. 4. For more information, call Barnes & Noble at (815) 332-3069.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue