- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
RC professors to sign their new book at Barnes & Noble
From press release
If you haven’t picked up the book We Are a College At War: Women Working for Victory in WWII, here’s your chance to pick it up and have it signed by the authors.
Rockford College professors Mary Weaks-Baxter, English, and Christine Brunn, emerita professor of psychology, will be at Barnes & Noble at CherryVale Mall, from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 4. A third author, Prof. Catherine Forslund, history, cannot attend the event but will be at the bookstore earlier to sign copies of the book.
The book-signing will be done in conjunction with Womanspace, a local nonprofit agency that will benefit from a portion of book sales Dec. 4. For more information, call Barnes & Noble at (815) 332-3069.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue