- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
RC professors to sign their new book at Barnes & Noble
From press release
If you haven’t picked up the book We Are a College At War: Women Working for Victory in WWII, here’s your chance to pick it up and have it signed by the authors.
Rockford College professors Mary Weaks-Baxter, English, and Christine Brunn, emerita professor of psychology, will be at Barnes & Noble at CherryVale Mall, from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 4. A third author, Prof. Catherine Forslund, history, cannot attend the event but will be at the bookstore earlier to sign copies of the book.
The book-signing will be done in conjunction with Womanspace, a local nonprofit agency that will benefit from a portion of book sales Dec. 4. For more information, call Barnes & Noble at (815) 332-3069.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue