- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
RC professors to sign their new book at Barnes & Noble
From press release
If you haven’t picked up the book We Are a College At War: Women Working for Victory in WWII, here’s your chance to pick it up and have it signed by the authors.
Rockford College professors Mary Weaks-Baxter, English, and Christine Brunn, emerita professor of psychology, will be at Barnes & Noble at CherryVale Mall, from 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 4. A third author, Prof. Catherine Forslund, history, cannot attend the event but will be at the bookstore earlier to sign copies of the book.
The book-signing will be done in conjunction with Womanspace, a local nonprofit agency that will benefit from a portion of book sales Dec. 4. For more information, call Barnes & Noble at (815) 332-3069.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue