- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Swearing-In Ceremony for 17th Judicial Circuit judges, Winnebago County Board members, elected officials Dec. 6
From press release
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott H. Christiansen (R) and Chief Judge Janet Holmgren invite you to attend the Swearing-In Ceremony for the newly-elected or retained judiciary, county officials and county board members at 8:30 a.m., Monday, Dec. 6, at Winnebago County Veterans Memorial Hall in the upstairs Lyceum, 211 N. Main St., Rockford. The following elected officials will be sworn in: Judiciary to be installed: Hon. Janet Holmgren, Hon. Kathryn Zenoff. County officials to be installed: County Treasurer Sue Goral; Sheriff Richard Meyers; County Clerk Margie Mullins.
Superintendent, Regional Office of Education: Dr. Lori Fanello. County board members to be installed: Ted Biondo, District 9; John Cabello, District 8; George Anne Duckett, District 12; John Ekberg, District 10; Dave Fiduccia, District 4; Frank Gambino, District 14; Angie Goral, District 7; John Guevara, District 13; Pearl Hawks, District 6; Joe Hoffman, District 11; Kevin Horstman, District 5; Gary Jury, District 3; Lynne Strathman, District 1; and Jim Webster, District 2.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue