- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
To the Editor: Thanks to the volunteers
I would like to say thank you to the many people who supported me this year for the annual Thanksgiving dinner at Court Street United Methodist Church. To Randall Smith, executive chef, Best Western Clock Tower Resort; Old Chicago Restaurant; Zak Rotello, The Olympic Tavern and Anthony and Karina DiTullio, DiTullio’s Italian Market; Julie Tilbury, Art Space West; and Mike Wright and Dan Ford, the Office Niteclub, your contribution made this the best year in feeding the homeless or those who were lonely.
Also, thanks to the numerous volunteers who worked at peeling, slicing and chopping vegetables; working the ovens, keeping count of the pans of turkey and dressing. A special thanks to the potato man for keeping up. I hope to see you all next year.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue