- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: Thanks to the volunteers
I would like to say thank you to the many people who supported me this year for the annual Thanksgiving dinner at Court Street United Methodist Church. To Randall Smith, executive chef, Best Western Clock Tower Resort; Old Chicago Restaurant; Zak Rotello, The Olympic Tavern and Anthony and Karina DiTullio, DiTullio’s Italian Market; Julie Tilbury, Art Space West; and Mike Wright and Dan Ford, the Office Niteclub, your contribution made this the best year in feeding the homeless or those who were lonely.
Also, thanks to the numerous volunteers who worked at peeling, slicing and chopping vegetables; working the ovens, keeping count of the pans of turkey and dressing. A special thanks to the potato man for keeping up. I hope to see you all next year.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue