- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
To the Editor: Thanks to the volunteers
I would like to say thank you to the many people who supported me this year for the annual Thanksgiving dinner at Court Street United Methodist Church. To Randall Smith, executive chef, Best Western Clock Tower Resort; Old Chicago Restaurant; Zak Rotello, The Olympic Tavern and Anthony and Karina DiTullio, DiTullio’s Italian Market; Julie Tilbury, Art Space West; and Mike Wright and Dan Ford, the Office Niteclub, your contribution made this the best year in feeding the homeless or those who were lonely.
Also, thanks to the numerous volunteers who worked at peeling, slicing and chopping vegetables; working the ovens, keeping count of the pans of turkey and dressing. A special thanks to the potato man for keeping up. I hope to see you all next year.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue