- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
To the Editor: Thanks to the volunteers
I would like to say thank you to the many people who supported me this year for the annual Thanksgiving dinner at Court Street United Methodist Church. To Randall Smith, executive chef, Best Western Clock Tower Resort; Old Chicago Restaurant; Zak Rotello, The Olympic Tavern and Anthony and Karina DiTullio, DiTullio’s Italian Market; Julie Tilbury, Art Space West; and Mike Wright and Dan Ford, the Office Niteclub, your contribution made this the best year in feeding the homeless or those who were lonely.
Also, thanks to the numerous volunteers who worked at peeling, slicing and chopping vegetables; working the ovens, keeping count of the pans of turkey and dressing. A special thanks to the potato man for keeping up. I hope to see you all next year.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue