- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
To the Editor: Thanks to the volunteers
I would like to say thank you to the many people who supported me this year for the annual Thanksgiving dinner at Court Street United Methodist Church. To Randall Smith, executive chef, Best Western Clock Tower Resort; Old Chicago Restaurant; Zak Rotello, The Olympic Tavern and Anthony and Karina DiTullio, DiTullio’s Italian Market; Julie Tilbury, Art Space West; and Mike Wright and Dan Ford, the Office Niteclub, your contribution made this the best year in feeding the homeless or those who were lonely.
Also, thanks to the numerous volunteers who worked at peeling, slicing and chopping vegetables; working the ovens, keeping count of the pans of turkey and dressing. A special thanks to the potato man for keeping up. I hope to see you all next year.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue