- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Beloit City Center Seminar on Rock River Trail
From press release
The public is invited to learn about our two-state river from Frank Schier, editor and publisher of The Rock River Times and founder of the Rock River Trail.
The seminar will be held at the Vision Beloit building, 500 Public Ave., Beloit, Wis., from noon to 1:15 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 16, at no cost.
The Rock River Trail was established in February 2010 with the goal of creating an ecotourism destination, similar to the Appalachian Trail. The Rock River Trail will run along the 287 miles of the Rock River, through 11 counties and 43 cities and villages in Illinois and Wisconsin. The communities along the river will work together to promote the assets located along the waterway.
Recreational and educational travel based on natural attractions is a promising means of advancing social, economic, and environmental objectives in communities. Find out what progress has been made with the Rock River Trail this year, and how the trail will impact our community in the future. Beloit’s City Center is perfectly placed to gain value from this ambitious plan.
Vibrant city centers are the core of prosperous and thriving metropolitan areas. The City Center seminar series brings to Vision Beloit ideas to discuss that are intended to increase the well-being of the place where we live.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue