- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Community news and notes: Week of Dec 8-14, 2010
Crusader Community Health Belvidere recently welcomed Steven Shulz, M.D., to its Pediatric Practice. Dr. Shulz graduated with honors while receiving his doctor of medicine degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford. He completed his Pediatric Residency Training at the University of Rochester Medical Center/Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong-Rochester, N.Y. Dr. Schulz’s specialties are childhood developmental and behavioral delays and challenges, special needs children, and child abuse prevention. … KMK Media Group recently hired Kelly Sundby to join its graphic and web design team. Sundby has more than 18 years of experience as a designer, having previously worked for GrahamSpencer, where he provided design solutions for clients such as The Rockford Area Economic Development Council, AMCORE Bank, the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve. Sundby received his bachelor of fine arts in visual communications from Northern Illinois University. … Five Keith Country Day School students were selected as Illinois State Scholars. Navid Bahmanyar, Christofer Hamilton, Rachel Miller, Kurt Williams and Thomas Zielinski were all recognized for outstanding academic achievement. Illinois State Scholars rank in the top 10 percent of the state’s high school seniors from 711 high schools in 102 counties. Selection is based on SAT and/or ACT test score results and/or students’ class ranks at the end of their junior year of high school.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue