- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Community news and notes: Week of Dec 8-14, 2010
Crusader Community Health Belvidere recently welcomed Steven Shulz, M.D., to its Pediatric Practice. Dr. Shulz graduated with honors while receiving his doctor of medicine degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford. He completed his Pediatric Residency Training at the University of Rochester Medical Center/Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong-Rochester, N.Y. Dr. Schulz’s specialties are childhood developmental and behavioral delays and challenges, special needs children, and child abuse prevention. … KMK Media Group recently hired Kelly Sundby to join its graphic and web design team. Sundby has more than 18 years of experience as a designer, having previously worked for GrahamSpencer, where he provided design solutions for clients such as The Rockford Area Economic Development Council, AMCORE Bank, the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve. Sundby received his bachelor of fine arts in visual communications from Northern Illinois University. … Five Keith Country Day School students were selected as Illinois State Scholars. Navid Bahmanyar, Christofer Hamilton, Rachel Miller, Kurt Williams and Thomas Zielinski were all recognized for outstanding academic achievement. Illinois State Scholars rank in the top 10 percent of the state’s high school seniors from 711 high schools in 102 counties. Selection is based on SAT and/or ACT test score results and/or students’ class ranks at the end of their junior year of high school.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue