- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
Dec. 13 suicide prevention workshop to educate parents
From press release
Rockford parents are invited to attend a workshop about suicide prevention and the emotional well-being of children.
“Suicide Prevention: What to Look For, What to Do,” will be from 6 to 7 p.m., Monday, Dec. 13, at Lincoln Middle School, 1500 Charles St.
The hour-long session will feature a 30-minute presentation that covers the emotional health of adolescents, warning signs of depression and an overview of suicide prevention. Guest speakers include Margot Castillo, a Barbour Elementary School social worker; Juan Yague-Buitrago, an educational diagnostician at Barbour; and mental health professionals from the Mildred Berry Center. The second 30 minutes of the session will be dedicated to an open discussion among attendees and panelists.
For more information, contact Castillo at (815) 966-3395 or (815) 229-2155.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue