- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
Hands-on Grossology experience draws local kids
Kids are invited during this holiday season to explore why your body produces mushy, oozy, crusty, scaly and stinky gunk. “Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body” will be on display through Jan. 2 at Discovery Center and Burpee Museum, 711 N. Main St. For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log on to burpee.org.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue