- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Hands-on Grossology experience draws local kids
Kids are invited during this holiday season to explore why your body produces mushy, oozy, crusty, scaly and stinky gunk. “Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body” will be on display through Jan. 2 at Discovery Center and Burpee Museum, 711 N. Main St. For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log on to burpee.org.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue