- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Hands-on Grossology experience draws local kids
Kids are invited during this holiday season to explore why your body produces mushy, oozy, crusty, scaly and stinky gunk. “Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body” will be on display through Jan. 2 at Discovery Center and Burpee Museum, 711 N. Main St. For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log on to burpee.org.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue