- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Park District Police Dept. under investigation
From press release
The Rockford Park District announced Dec. 3 that beginning Nov. 11, an internal review of operations of its Police Department was initiated. During the course of that review, the Park District learned that established Police Department policies and procedures may not always have been followed in some areas. An administrative investigation was then conducted. As a result of that investigation, two Park District Police Department employees have been placed on administrative leave.
The Rockford Park district advised the Winnebago County State’s Attorney to determine whether a criminal investigation should be conducted. The Rockford Park District is cooperating with the Office of the State’s Attorney. At this time, there has been no determination of criminal conduct regarding the two employees placed on administrative leave.
Park District Executive Director Tim Dimke said: “The integrity of any investigation is of utmost importance. Once additional information is learned, it will be made available.”
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue