- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Park District Police Dept. under investigation
From press release
The Rockford Park District announced Dec. 3 that beginning Nov. 11, an internal review of operations of its Police Department was initiated. During the course of that review, the Park District learned that established Police Department policies and procedures may not always have been followed in some areas. An administrative investigation was then conducted. As a result of that investigation, two Park District Police Department employees have been placed on administrative leave.
The Rockford Park district advised the Winnebago County State’s Attorney to determine whether a criminal investigation should be conducted. The Rockford Park District is cooperating with the Office of the State’s Attorney. At this time, there has been no determination of criminal conduct regarding the two employees placed on administrative leave.
Park District Executive Director Tim Dimke said: “The integrity of any investigation is of utmost importance. Once additional information is learned, it will be made available.”
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue