- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Polympics Pole Aerobic Competition set for Dec. 12 at The Office
From press release
Pole Chicks Women’s Fitness Center is hosting the 2010 Polympics Pole Aerobic Competition from 6 p.m. to midnight, Sunday, Dec. 12, at The Office Niteclub, 513 E. State St., downtown Rockford.
Tickets are $5 in advance and are available at Pole Chicks, 6250 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, next to Second Cousins Bar. Tickets are $10 at the door.
Prizes will be awarded and the competition will be judged on a 1-10 scale. First-place wins $400, second-place $200 and third-place $100.
Numerous giveaways and drawings will also be included throughout the night.
Some of the rules for the competition are as follow: no nudity, no thongs and no see-through underwear; shoes are an option; no props allowed; and all ladies must bring their own CD with their song of choice on it, and it has to be around 3 minutes long.
Registration fee is $20, but the first five ladies to register only pay $10.
For more information, contact Whitney at Pole Chicks Woman’s Fitness Center at (815) 708-6728.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue