- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Roscoe hockey player ranked world’s No. 1 RapidShot player
From press release
Dylan Dent of Roscoe, Ill., holds the No. 1 world ranking out of 1,840 participants in the 9- and 10-year-old Atom Boys division of the RapidShot Hockey Training System.
The RapidShot system is located at Rockford Park District’s Jr. IceHogs Off-Ice Hockey Training Facility at 312 N. Madison St., Rockford, near Riverview Ice House.
Dylan attends Kinnikinnick School and is the son of Rockford IceHogs Assistant Coach Ted Dent. Dylan plays defense on the Rockford Hockey Club Peewee AA team, coached by Don Walker, and has taken more than 10,000 shots on the RapidShot since it was installed at the training facility.
The renovated off-ice training facility was renovated by the Park District and opened in August 2009 in the former Ballard building, and features the state-of-the-art RapidShot Hockey Training System, a patented interactive computer system that helps improve hockey shooting by requiring the shooter to receive real puck passes and shoot over a series of 16 shots. Players can upload their results to the RapidShot website at any time to view their standings and scores.
The Park District’s youth hockey program, the Jr. IceHogs, has been operating a summer off-ice hockey program for six years. The off-ice facility helps advance players’ skill development and allows for expanded year-round programming. The facility also features workout equipment including weights, treadmills and elliptical machines donated by several local businesses and organizations, an exercise zone, shooting and passing lanes, and parent waiting area with free Wi-Fi.
For more information about RapidShot, visit rapidshot.com. For more information about the Rockford Park District’s off-ice training facility and indoor hockey lessons, clinics and leagues for youth and adults, contact Scott Burfoot at (815) 969-4071 or the Jr. IceHogs Training Facility at (815) 962-2412. Information about accessibility, as well as hockey programs and adapted equipment for players with disabilities, is available on the Park District’s website, rockfordparkdistrict.org, or from Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue