- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
To the Editor: Give the criminal a break!
I want to appeal to the good citizens of Rockford and Illinois to vote for absolute gun control. I work in home burglaries, convenience store stick ups, an occasional rape, and strong-arm robberies. Things are tough enough without me having to worry about citizens being armed when I accost them at home or on the street.
Why should I have to be concerned that I might get shot and killed, just for doing my job of robbing and pillaging? I say eliminate all guns from the hands of private citizens. I’m a professional, and I break the law for a living, so it won’t have any effect on me.
You might say having citizens armed, especially with concealed weapons, constitutes a hostile work environment. How am I to know who is an easy mark and who isn’t? How on earth can anyone think that’s fair?
As a case in point, England, Australia, Washington, D.C., and Chicago have all banned guns. See how much crime rates have risen in those places since then? Much better.
This message is sponsored by: National Criminals Guild, United Auto Theft Workers, Association of Violent Offenders, Serial Killers Anonymous, National Kidnappers Collective, and other similar, upstanding organizations nationwide.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue