- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: Give the criminal a break!
I want to appeal to the good citizens of Rockford and Illinois to vote for absolute gun control. I work in home burglaries, convenience store stick ups, an occasional rape, and strong-arm robberies. Things are tough enough without me having to worry about citizens being armed when I accost them at home or on the street.
Why should I have to be concerned that I might get shot and killed, just for doing my job of robbing and pillaging? I say eliminate all guns from the hands of private citizens. I’m a professional, and I break the law for a living, so it won’t have any effect on me.
You might say having citizens armed, especially with concealed weapons, constitutes a hostile work environment. How am I to know who is an easy mark and who isn’t? How on earth can anyone think that’s fair?
As a case in point, England, Australia, Washington, D.C., and Chicago have all banned guns. See how much crime rates have risen in those places since then? Much better.
This message is sponsored by: National Criminals Guild, United Auto Theft Workers, Association of Violent Offenders, Serial Killers Anonymous, National Kidnappers Collective, and other similar, upstanding organizations nationwide.
From the Dec. 8-14, 2010 issue