- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
AirFest 2011 kickoff announcement Dec. 17
From press release
Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) will host a press conference at 10 a.m., Friday, Dec. 17, to begin ticket sales for AirFest 2011, unveil the show’s theme and provide preliminary information about performers.
Residents are also invited to the event to buy tickets at the lowest price available. As part of the second annual “Stocking Stuffer” sale, adult tickets will be only $4 a person from Dec. 17-24, an $11 discount from gate prices. Children’s tickets will be sold for $3, a $2 discount from gate prices. Gate prices are the same as the previous AirFest.
AirFest 2011 will be June 4-5 at RFD, headlined by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels. Multiple military and civilian performers and static aircraft will be announced over the next several months.
From the Dec. 15-21, 2010 issue