- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
AirFest 2011 kickoff announcement Dec. 17
From press release
Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) will host a press conference at 10 a.m., Friday, Dec. 17, to begin ticket sales for AirFest 2011, unveil the show’s theme and provide preliminary information about performers.
Residents are also invited to the event to buy tickets at the lowest price available. As part of the second annual “Stocking Stuffer” sale, adult tickets will be only $4 a person from Dec. 17-24, an $11 discount from gate prices. Children’s tickets will be sold for $3, a $2 discount from gate prices. Gate prices are the same as the previous AirFest.
AirFest 2011 will be June 4-5 at RFD, headlined by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels. Multiple military and civilian performers and static aircraft will be announced over the next several months.
From the Dec. 15-21, 2010 issue