- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
AirFest 2011 kickoff announcement Dec. 17
From press release
Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) will host a press conference at 10 a.m., Friday, Dec. 17, to begin ticket sales for AirFest 2011, unveil the show’s theme and provide preliminary information about performers.
Residents are also invited to the event to buy tickets at the lowest price available. As part of the second annual “Stocking Stuffer” sale, adult tickets will be only $4 a person from Dec. 17-24, an $11 discount from gate prices. Children’s tickets will be sold for $3, a $2 discount from gate prices. Gate prices are the same as the previous AirFest.
AirFest 2011 will be June 4-5 at RFD, headlined by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels. Multiple military and civilian performers and static aircraft will be announced over the next several months.
From the Dec. 15-21, 2010 issue