- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 15-21, 2010
Dr. Samuel Andrews, radiation oncologist, joined SwedishAmerican Health System’s Regional Cancer Center. Andrews is a member of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology and is board-eligible in radiation oncology. He has a special interest in lung, breast, prostate and head/neck cancers and in stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy. … Jim Pieschel, a Rockford native, was appointed senior vice president, commercial banking, Rockford, for Harris Bank. Pieschel will focus on portfolio management and client relationship development, with particular focus on depository and lending opportunities. … Roberta Holzwarth was elected a fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, an organization recognizing those who have distinguished themselves as leaders in labor and employment law. Election as a fellow is the highest recognition by one’s colleagues of sustained outstanding performance in the profession. Holzwarth is an attorney with the Rockford law office of Holmstrom & Kennedy P.C.
From the Dec. 15-21, 2010 issue