- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 15-21, 2010
Dr. Samuel Andrews, radiation oncologist, joined SwedishAmerican Health System’s Regional Cancer Center. Andrews is a member of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology and is board-eligible in radiation oncology. He has a special interest in lung, breast, prostate and head/neck cancers and in stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy. … Jim Pieschel, a Rockford native, was appointed senior vice president, commercial banking, Rockford, for Harris Bank. Pieschel will focus on portfolio management and client relationship development, with particular focus on depository and lending opportunities. … Roberta Holzwarth was elected a fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, an organization recognizing those who have distinguished themselves as leaders in labor and employment law. Election as a fellow is the highest recognition by one’s colleagues of sustained outstanding performance in the profession. Holzwarth is an attorney with the Rockford law office of Holmstrom & Kennedy P.C.
From the Dec. 15-21, 2010 issue