- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 15-21, 2010
Dr. Samuel Andrews, radiation oncologist, joined SwedishAmerican Health System’s Regional Cancer Center. Andrews is a member of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology and is board-eligible in radiation oncology. He has a special interest in lung, breast, prostate and head/neck cancers and in stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy. … Jim Pieschel, a Rockford native, was appointed senior vice president, commercial banking, Rockford, for Harris Bank. Pieschel will focus on portfolio management and client relationship development, with particular focus on depository and lending opportunities. … Roberta Holzwarth was elected a fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, an organization recognizing those who have distinguished themselves as leaders in labor and employment law. Election as a fellow is the highest recognition by one’s colleagues of sustained outstanding performance in the profession. Holzwarth is an attorney with the Rockford law office of Holmstrom & Kennedy P.C.
From the Dec. 15-21, 2010 issue