- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 15-21, 2010
Dr. Samuel Andrews, radiation oncologist, joined SwedishAmerican Health System’s Regional Cancer Center. Andrews is a member of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology and is board-eligible in radiation oncology. He has a special interest in lung, breast, prostate and head/neck cancers and in stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy. … Jim Pieschel, a Rockford native, was appointed senior vice president, commercial banking, Rockford, for Harris Bank. Pieschel will focus on portfolio management and client relationship development, with particular focus on depository and lending opportunities. … Roberta Holzwarth was elected a fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, an organization recognizing those who have distinguished themselves as leaders in labor and employment law. Election as a fellow is the highest recognition by one’s colleagues of sustained outstanding performance in the profession. Holzwarth is an attorney with the Rockford law office of Holmstrom & Kennedy P.C.
From the Dec. 15-21, 2010 issue