- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 22-28, 2010
Pamela Owens, a certified fund-raising executive, was named executive director of the Rock Valley College (RVC) Foundation and College Advancement after the retirement of Suzanne Berger. The foundation’s mission is to support the priorities of RVC for quality programs and service to the college district by obtaining private contributions. … Stephen Pirages joined Stewart & Associates as president of the company’s security/investigative division in Rockford. Stewart & Associates is a private investigative firm licensed in Illinois and Wisconsin. They serve law firms, insurance companies, corporations and other businesses. Pirages has more than 30 years of experience in local law enforcement with the Rockford Police Department and Rockford School District, and spent time with the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department investigating cold murder cases. … Lynette Jacques joined the Rockford Chamber of Commerce as its advertising and sponsorship executive. She is responsible for print and website advertising sales and managing sponsorship opportunities for chamber events. The Rockford Chamber works to benefit the community by leading in the promotion of economic growth, advocating for the interests of businesses, and providing service and educational opportunities to help its members grow.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 22-28, 2010