- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 22-28, 2010
Pamela Owens, a certified fund-raising executive, was named executive director of the Rock Valley College (RVC) Foundation and College Advancement after the retirement of Suzanne Berger. The foundation’s mission is to support the priorities of RVC for quality programs and service to the college district by obtaining private contributions. … Stephen Pirages joined Stewart & Associates as president of the company’s security/investigative division in Rockford. Stewart & Associates is a private investigative firm licensed in Illinois and Wisconsin. They serve law firms, insurance companies, corporations and other businesses. Pirages has more than 30 years of experience in local law enforcement with the Rockford Police Department and Rockford School District, and spent time with the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department investigating cold murder cases. … Lynette Jacques joined the Rockford Chamber of Commerce as its advertising and sponsorship executive. She is responsible for print and website advertising sales and managing sponsorship opportunities for chamber events. The Rockford Chamber works to benefit the community by leading in the promotion of economic growth, advocating for the interests of businesses, and providing service and educational opportunities to help its members grow.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 22-28, 2010