- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Park District offers figure skating, ice hockey lessons beginning Jan. 4
From press release
Rockford Park District wants to help you learn to ice skate, improve your skating skills, or learn to play hockey! Fees for Park District figure skating lessons have been lowered, are now presented in a new format, and include off-ice training in partnership with Gymnastic Academy of Rockford. The Learn to Skate and Jr. IceHogs/Learn to Play Hockey programs offer people ages 3 through adult of all abilities the opportunity to learn skills to enjoy ice sports/recreation for a lifetime. Six-week sessions meet at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park once a week for 30-50 minutes; the next sessions begin the week of Jan. 4, 2011.
New this year—three different six-week skill development programs for all ages and skill levels are offered for figure skaters to practice and enhance their skills. Two new performance and competition training figure skating sessions have also been added: Performing Arts on Ice for ages 5-16, and Rocky’s Winter Classic, an introductory training and in-house competition program for ages 3-adult The next sessions for these new programs begin the week of Jan. 4, 2011.
Registration is under way for skating and hockey programs; discounted registration fees for figure skating are available for multiple family member enrollments; fee assistance may be available to those meeting program qualifications. Register at least one week before session start date, either online at rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax, or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park. Registration information and class descriptions, schedules, and fees are available online in the Park District’s Winter/Spring 2010-11 youth and adult sports guides, at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 969-4069 or (815) 987-8800. For information or support and adapted sports programs for skaters and hockey players with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the Dec. 22-28, 2010 issue