- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011
The Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center recently announced that Jennifer Alvarez has been chosen the Illinois Hotel and Lodging Association’s First Level Supervisor of the Year. Alvarez, the front-desk supervisor for the Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center, was one of three state finalists chosen from hundreds of nominees across Illinois. Nominees were recognized for their outstanding talent and performance to provide extraordinary service to their hotel guests. Alvarez will attend the June 2011 Stars of the Industry National Finals Awards in Atlanta to determine if she won the national honor to accompany her state honor. … Keith Country Day School senior Christofer Hamilton recently earned early acceptance to Yale University. Known nationwide as one of the toughest schools to gain entry to, Yale will accept less than 8 percent of the students who apply this year. Active in academics, fine arts and philanthropy, Hamilton was a leader on the school’s Scholastic Bowl team, performs in the jazz band and is a member of Tri-M Music Honors Society. … Liz Kulevich joined KMK Media Group, Inc., as a marketing communications associate. Kulevich will assist with a variety of marketing-related tasks including drafting presentations and news releases, brainstorming social media and advertising strategies, and helping develop marketing plans for KMK clients.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue