- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011
The Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center recently announced that Jennifer Alvarez has been chosen the Illinois Hotel and Lodging Association’s First Level Supervisor of the Year. Alvarez, the front-desk supervisor for the Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center, was one of three state finalists chosen from hundreds of nominees across Illinois. Nominees were recognized for their outstanding talent and performance to provide extraordinary service to their hotel guests. Alvarez will attend the June 2011 Stars of the Industry National Finals Awards in Atlanta to determine if she won the national honor to accompany her state honor. … Keith Country Day School senior Christofer Hamilton recently earned early acceptance to Yale University. Known nationwide as one of the toughest schools to gain entry to, Yale will accept less than 8 percent of the students who apply this year. Active in academics, fine arts and philanthropy, Hamilton was a leader on the school’s Scholastic Bowl team, performs in the jazz band and is a member of Tri-M Music Honors Society. … Liz Kulevich joined KMK Media Group, Inc., as a marketing communications associate. Kulevich will assist with a variety of marketing-related tasks including drafting presentations and news releases, brainstorming social media and advertising strategies, and helping develop marketing plans for KMK clients.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue