- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Cut small business costs in the New Year
From press release
As the New Year approaches, companies are taking the time to re-evaluate their budgets in preparation for 2011. Many small business owners are determining which business costs are expendable and focusing on how to decrease overhead and increase their bottom lines.
To that end, Cartridge World-Rockford is helping small business owners make smart decisions by providing tips for simple ways companies can cut costs. A few small changes can help businesses save thousands of dollars throughout the year.
“As a local business owner, we understand the challenges in today’s economy,” said Robert Opperman, owner of the local Cartridge World. “At Cartridge World, we are helping many small businesses in the area save on their printing costs by reusing their printer cartridges instead of buying new. It’s an easy modification that can make a big impact.”
Reusing printer cartridges is becoming an indispensable service for businesses looking to save money on supplies. Last year, a private liberal arts college in metropolitan Atlanta saved $10,000 by switching to Cartridge World printer cartridges. Several other businesses have also experienced dramatic results.
In addition to reusing empty printer cartridges, Cartridge World offers the top 10 ways to cut costs in the New Year:
→ Buy used office equipment.
→ Research printers before buying to see if the cartridges are refillable.
→ Decrease margin areas to fit more copy on a page.
→ Communicate with team members about who will bring printouts to meetings.
→ Download customizable form templates online instead of buying printed forms at office supply stores.
→ Use rewriteable CDs and DVDs so they can be used more than once.
→ Print double-sided.
→ Have your clients advertise for you—post testimonials on your website and promote word-of-mouth advertising.
→ Turn off all electrical equipment at night and install timers for outside lights.
→ Coordinate shipping and mailings to take advantage of bulk rates.
With more than 1,700 locations worldwide, Cartridge World has quickly established itself as the fastest-growing ink and toner refilling retailer and franchiser in the $80 billion printer cartridge industry. The company refills and remanufactures inkjet and toner printer cartridges, using a state-of-the-art process and high-quality inks and toners. Cartridge World offers consumers and businesses a more affordable option to buying new, provides a 100-percent satisfaction money-back guarantee and helps the environment by keeping cartridges out of landfills.
“We are proud to offer a service that helps small business owners reduce their operating costs,” Opperman added.
For more information, contact Cartridge World-Rockford at (815) 316-7722.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue