- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Goodwill Industries prepares for year-end donations
From press release
As families make way for new holiday gifts, many take the opportunity to also increase their income tax deductions. One of the busiest donation days for Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois has repeatedly been Dec. 31.
“We anticipate a busy donation week as individuals make room for new gifts as well as prepare for tax season,” says Craig Grugel, director of Retail. “The year-end donations help contribute to our mission of providing jobs, training, and placement services for people with barriers to achieve meaningful employment.”
Donations are accepted at all seven retail stores throughout northern Illinois and the Wisconsin stateline area. All donation locations provide receipts upon request for tax recording purposes. Newly-remodeled Goodwill stores feature convenient drive-thru donation areas to provide easier access for customers. Monetary donations are also accepted online at www.goodwillni.org/donate.
To locate the store nearest you, visit www.goodwillni.org.
About Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois is a community-based not-for-profit corporation that provides jobs training and placement services for people with barriers to achieve meaningful employment. Rockford, Ill. serves as the headquarters for Goodwill Northern Illinois and is one of 179 Goodwill agencies under the auspices of Goodwill Industries International (GII). GII was recently named by Forbes magazine as the No. 2 not-for-profit in the country. Goodwill Northern Illinois’ territory includes an 18-county area in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin with a combined population of more than 1.1 million residents. Goodwill’s retail operations sell donated, gently-used products as well as new items such as overstocks and close-outs from some of the best-known stores in the state. Goodwill stores in northern Illinois (Rockford, Machesney Park, Freeport, Sterling, DeKalb and Ottawa) and Beloit, Wis. employ more than 200 people. The website is www.goodwillni.org.
For more information on year-end donating to Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois, call Craig Grugel at (815) 987-6219.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue