- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Goodwill Industries prepares for year-end donations
From press release
As families make way for new holiday gifts, many take the opportunity to also increase their income tax deductions. One of the busiest donation days for Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois has repeatedly been Dec. 31.
“We anticipate a busy donation week as individuals make room for new gifts as well as prepare for tax season,” says Craig Grugel, director of Retail. “The year-end donations help contribute to our mission of providing jobs, training, and placement services for people with barriers to achieve meaningful employment.”
Donations are accepted at all seven retail stores throughout northern Illinois and the Wisconsin stateline area. All donation locations provide receipts upon request for tax recording purposes. Newly-remodeled Goodwill stores feature convenient drive-thru donation areas to provide easier access for customers. Monetary donations are also accepted online at www.goodwillni.org/donate.
To locate the store nearest you, visit www.goodwillni.org.
About Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois is a community-based not-for-profit corporation that provides jobs training and placement services for people with barriers to achieve meaningful employment. Rockford, Ill. serves as the headquarters for Goodwill Northern Illinois and is one of 179 Goodwill agencies under the auspices of Goodwill Industries International (GII). GII was recently named by Forbes magazine as the No. 2 not-for-profit in the country. Goodwill Northern Illinois’ territory includes an 18-county area in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin with a combined population of more than 1.1 million residents. Goodwill’s retail operations sell donated, gently-used products as well as new items such as overstocks and close-outs from some of the best-known stores in the state. Goodwill stores in northern Illinois (Rockford, Machesney Park, Freeport, Sterling, DeKalb and Ottawa) and Beloit, Wis. employ more than 200 people. The website is www.goodwillni.org.
For more information on year-end donating to Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois, call Craig Grugel at (815) 987-6219.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue