- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
- Pet Talk: Healthy pets make for a happy holiday
- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
Legal Follies return Jan. 21-22
From press release
The original Legal Follies will return to Sullivan Center, 118 N. Main St., Friday and Saturday, Jan. 21-22. The event will benefit the Winnebago County Bar Foundation.
It has been a couple of years since Prairie State Legal Services decided to end the successful run of the Legal Follies. The moment that decision was made, the lawyers and judges who wrote and performed the Follies agreed they wanted to continue the tradition. Annual meetings were held to determine how and when the show would return.
The result of those meetings was the formation of the Rockford Legal Follies, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation that will produce the Legal Follies. Because of the numerous requests from various charities, the Legal Follies will be presented annually with the proceeds benefitting a different charity each year. The initial Legal Follies will benefit the Winnebago County Bar Foundation.
The two-show run promises plenty of laughs and fun as the legal community once again takes aim at local and worldwide current events. The show has also lined up many local politicians and celebrities, but in keeping with the Legal Follies tradition, their identities will remain a surprise until the night of the show. The show will be directed by Jesse Dabson. Jodi Beach is the musical director.
For more details, contact Renee Schroeder of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, by calling (815) 490-4921.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue