- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Legal Follies return Jan. 21-22
From press release
The original Legal Follies will return to Sullivan Center, 118 N. Main St., Friday and Saturday, Jan. 21-22. The event will benefit the Winnebago County Bar Foundation.
It has been a couple of years since Prairie State Legal Services decided to end the successful run of the Legal Follies. The moment that decision was made, the lawyers and judges who wrote and performed the Follies agreed they wanted to continue the tradition. Annual meetings were held to determine how and when the show would return.
The result of those meetings was the formation of the Rockford Legal Follies, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation that will produce the Legal Follies. Because of the numerous requests from various charities, the Legal Follies will be presented annually with the proceeds benefitting a different charity each year. The initial Legal Follies will benefit the Winnebago County Bar Foundation.
The two-show run promises plenty of laughs and fun as the legal community once again takes aim at local and worldwide current events. The show has also lined up many local politicians and celebrities, but in keeping with the Legal Follies tradition, their identities will remain a surprise until the night of the show. The show will be directed by Jesse Dabson. Jodi Beach is the musical director.
For more details, contact Renee Schroeder of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, by calling (815) 490-4921.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue