- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Local TV station offers free tickets to Dec. 30 IceHogs game
By Doug Halberstadt
WIFR Channel 23 is giving the residents of northern Illinois a belated Christmas present tomorrow night (Dec. 30). They have bought out the MetroCentre and are giving away free tickets to the final game of the 2010 portion of this IceHogs’ season. The ’Hogs will drop the puck at 6:35 p.m. against the Houston Aeros.
Fans can claim a voucher good for up to four tickets by logging on to the WIFR website and printing out the coupon. That voucher must be exchanged at the Rockford MetroCentre box office for the tickets. Fans can also choose to print out the tickets online for a $3 service fee.
The ’Hogs and the Aeros have faced off against one another two times already this month. The Aeros won the first game in a shootout 4-3 Dec. 2. Rockford rebounded with a 2-1 win in Houston the following night. This will be the first trip to Rockford this year for the Aeros.
At press time, the Aeros were in fifth place in the West Division with 37 points. Rockford is in last place in the West with 29 points.
Following Thursday night’s game with the Aeros, the ’Hogs will play back-to-back games against the Oklahoma City Barons to open the new year. They have a New Year’s Day road game in Oklahoma at 7:05 p.m., and then another game on the road Sunday, Jan. 2. That matinee against the Barons will begin at 3:05 p.m.
The first time Rockford fans can see the ’Hogs on home ice in 2011 will be Friday night, Jan. 7, when they host the Toronto Marlies.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue