- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
Rockford-area Catholic women honored
From press release
Sunday, Jan. 30, the Rockford Deanery Council of Catholic Women will hold its 19th Annual Woman of the Year Banquet at Cliffbreakers Restaurant in Rockford. This dinner honors women who have been selected by their own parishes for outstanding long-term service and/or community.
Eighteen women from the Rockford Deanery will be honored this year. Those who will be receiving special recognition are as follows: Kim Fisk, St. James, Belvidere, Ill.; Dolores Millard, St. Mary, Byron, Ill.; Kathleen Moran, St. Mary/St. Patrick, Durand, Irish Grove; Ingrid Jansen, St. Bridget, Loves Park, Ill.; Sandy Larson, St. Mary, Pecatonica, Ill.; Helen Kearney, Holy Family, Rockford; Rosemary Zammuto, St. Anthony of Padua, Rockford; Mary Cox, St. Bernadette, Rockford; Marsha Putnam, St. Edward, Rockford; Linda Nash, St. James, Rockford; Gail Fleming, St. Mary’s Oratory, Rockford; Lorena Moctezuma, St. Patrick, Rockford; Barbara Phillip, Cathedral of St. Peter, Rockford; Marie Lindsey, SS Peter and Paul, Rockford; Marietta Henry, St. Rita, Rockford; Marzena Steigerwald, St. Stanislaus Kostka, Rockford; Annmarie Calgaro, Church of the Holy Spirit, Roscoe, Ill.; and Maria D. Infante Badillo, St. Peter, South Beloit, Ill.
A social hour will be held at 5 p.m., followed by dinner at 5:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
The cost for the meal is $30 per person. Dinner choices are: filet mignon and herb crusted chicken OR vegetarian lasagna. The children’s selection is chicken fingers and fries for $13 per child (ages 4-10).
Reservations can be made at each parish or by calling Angie Kelly at (815) 964-4284 by Monday, Jan. 17. Dinner guests will be seated by parish; no late reservations will be taken.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue