- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Symphony announces annual student concerto competition
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) has announced the RSO/Rock Valley College Concerto Competition scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011.
The competition offers the opportunity for regional music students to compete for three cash awards. The first-prize winner is also invited to perform his or her competition piece with the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) in the RSYO Spring Concert May 1, 2011.
The annual competition is open to students ages 13-21 living within a 50-mile radius of Rockford, and will be held on the campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford. This season’s competition application deadline is Jan. 7, 2011.
Students prepare one movement from a concerto to perform for the competition judges. A list of past winners is available on the RSO’s website.
For more information about the competition and a downloadable application, visit www.rockfordsymphony.com/rsyo or call (815) 965-0049.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue