- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Symphony announces annual student concerto competition
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) has announced the RSO/Rock Valley College Concerto Competition scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011.
The competition offers the opportunity for regional music students to compete for three cash awards. The first-prize winner is also invited to perform his or her competition piece with the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) in the RSYO Spring Concert May 1, 2011.
The annual competition is open to students ages 13-21 living within a 50-mile radius of Rockford, and will be held on the campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford. This season’s competition application deadline is Jan. 7, 2011.
Students prepare one movement from a concerto to perform for the competition judges. A list of past winners is available on the RSO’s website.
For more information about the competition and a downloadable application, visit www.rockfordsymphony.com/rsyo or call (815) 965-0049.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue