- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
To the Editor: Keep informed on S. 510 and other threats to our freedom
I always know when Susan Johnson’s name is on the byline, that I’ll be reading a well-researched piece, but Susan outdid herself with Part I of the article on the S. 510 Food Safety bill. The cheek of this Congress really beats all!! An earlier amendment to the bill, now removed, had a 10-year jail sentence for any farmer who sold raw milk to his neighbors! The current bill makes farmers’ markets illegal! And this comes a month from an election when we decided we were sick of Big Government’s control over our lives!
If you Google the germs: Senate S. 510 bribes, you will see the money that Monsanto and other large-scale food interests gave to senators of both parties. Our national sovereignty was given up without a thought, when we were made subservient to the World Health Organization and its Codex Alimentarius.
The Tea Party movement is dedicated to informing Americans of these threats to our freedoms. Please come to a Rockford or Rockton meeting of Tea Party. Rockford meets Jan. 11 at downtown Rockford Library auditorium, 5:30 p.m., and Northern IL Tea Party meets Thursday, Jan. 13, at 302 W. Main St., Rockton, 6:30 p.m. The Jan. 13 meeting will feature Dr. Charles Smith on the topic of nullification—how a state may declare a federal regulation null and void in that state (think ObamaCare).
Jane R. Carrell
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue