- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
To the Editor: Participate in the political process
This is an open invitation to everyone in Rockford area and beyond to come out over the course of the new year 2011 and become active and engaged in the political process.
Vote and encourage others to do the same in the local elections in February and April.
Talk to the people you come across in your daily life who have a question about current events and try to inform and explain things to them as best you can.
Grab a couple of friends off the couch and attend a tea party meeting or event (Rockford Tea Party meeting, Jan. 11, 2011, 5:30 p.m., Rockford Public Library downtown).
Say you did something to take part in the life of our nation in 2011.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue