- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
To the Editor: Participate in the political process
This is an open invitation to everyone in Rockford area and beyond to come out over the course of the new year 2011 and become active and engaged in the political process.
Vote and encourage others to do the same in the local elections in February and April.
Talk to the people you come across in your daily life who have a question about current events and try to inform and explain things to them as best you can.
Grab a couple of friends off the couch and attend a tea party meeting or event (Rockford Tea Party meeting, Jan. 11, 2011, 5:30 p.m., Rockford Public Library downtown).
Say you did something to take part in the life of our nation in 2011.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue