- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
To the Editor: Participate in the political process
This is an open invitation to everyone in Rockford area and beyond to come out over the course of the new year 2011 and become active and engaged in the political process.
Vote and encourage others to do the same in the local elections in February and April.
Talk to the people you come across in your daily life who have a question about current events and try to inform and explain things to them as best you can.
Grab a couple of friends off the couch and attend a tea party meeting or event (Rockford Tea Party meeting, Jan. 11, 2011, 5:30 p.m., Rockford Public Library downtown).
Say you did something to take part in the life of our nation in 2011.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue