- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
To the Editor: Participate in the political process
This is an open invitation to everyone in Rockford area and beyond to come out over the course of the new year 2011 and become active and engaged in the political process.
Vote and encourage others to do the same in the local elections in February and April.
Talk to the people you come across in your daily life who have a question about current events and try to inform and explain things to them as best you can.
Grab a couple of friends off the couch and attend a tea party meeting or event (Rockford Tea Party meeting, Jan. 11, 2011, 5:30 p.m., Rockford Public Library downtown).
Say you did something to take part in the life of our nation in 2011.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue