- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
To the Editor: Participate in the political process
This is an open invitation to everyone in Rockford area and beyond to come out over the course of the new year 2011 and become active and engaged in the political process.
Vote and encourage others to do the same in the local elections in February and April.
Talk to the people you come across in your daily life who have a question about current events and try to inform and explain things to them as best you can.
Grab a couple of friends off the couch and attend a tea party meeting or event (Rockford Tea Party meeting, Jan. 11, 2011, 5:30 p.m., Rockford Public Library downtown).
Say you did something to take part in the life of our nation in 2011.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue