- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Youth Charity Jam deadline Jan. 30, scholarship deadline Feb. 1
From press release
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) is looking for teen-aged bands to audition Saturday, Feb. 26, 2011, for the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. At least two-thirds of the band members must be 19 years of age or younger and attending high school in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle or Stephenson counties.
The top seven bands will advance to the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, March 26, 2011. The first-place winner will receive $250, recording time from Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 20th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony in April.
The second-place winner will receive $200 and third place $150. The band selling the most advance tickets to the event will receive $100.
An application must be received by Jan. 30, 2011, and can be found at ramiawards.com. For more information, call (815) 546-3021, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship
Spring 2011 will be the first time the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior, and is to provide educational resources for students who wish to pursue an education in music and have financial need. This scholarship is funded in part, or in whole, by the RAMI Youth Charity Jam.
Graduating seniors from Boone or Winnebago counties who have a grade-point average of at least 2.5, have plans to pursue a degree in music performance, education or composition, and are actively involved in school or community musical groups are urged to apply by Feb. 1, 2011. Preference will be given to students who will attend Rock Valley College, Rockford College or Northern Illinois University.
Go to cfnil.org for application instructions, or call (815) 962-2110, ext. 11, for more information.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue