- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Youth Charity Jam deadline Jan. 30, scholarship deadline Feb. 1
From press release
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) is looking for teen-aged bands to audition Saturday, Feb. 26, 2011, for the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. At least two-thirds of the band members must be 19 years of age or younger and attending high school in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle or Stephenson counties.
The top seven bands will advance to the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, March 26, 2011. The first-place winner will receive $250, recording time from Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 20th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony in April.
The second-place winner will receive $200 and third place $150. The band selling the most advance tickets to the event will receive $100.
An application must be received by Jan. 30, 2011, and can be found at ramiawards.com. For more information, call (815) 546-3021, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship
Spring 2011 will be the first time the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior, and is to provide educational resources for students who wish to pursue an education in music and have financial need. This scholarship is funded in part, or in whole, by the RAMI Youth Charity Jam.
Graduating seniors from Boone or Winnebago counties who have a grade-point average of at least 2.5, have plans to pursue a degree in music performance, education or composition, and are actively involved in school or community musical groups are urged to apply by Feb. 1, 2011. Preference will be given to students who will attend Rock Valley College, Rockford College or Northern Illinois University.
Go to cfnil.org for application instructions, or call (815) 962-2110, ext. 11, for more information.
From the Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2011 issue