- State Roundup: Union memo: Management threatens unsafe working conditions
- Performance review: Remote Treasurer employees pose problems
- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
Community news and notes: Week of Jan. 5-11, 2011
Jan Bowman, chairman of the Rockford Network of Professional Women’s Scholarship Committee, was recently appointed to a three-year term on the Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden Board. Bowman is also the co-owner of TLC Construction. … John Crone recently returned to Alpine Bank as senior vice president and trust officer. He will manage the downtown Belvidere location of Alpine Trust & Investment Group. Crone held several positions with Alpine Bancorporation Inc. before retiring in 2008. … Andy Jarrett recently joined Chem Processing Inc., as safety and environmental coordinator. He will be responsible for EPA and OSHA compliance. … Shelly Wistar was named Employee of the Month for December at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. Wistar is a coordinator in the Capacity Utilization Department. She was recognized for her productivity, eagerness to help and cheerful personality.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue