- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Curbside Christmas tree pick-up
From press release
Rock River Disposal is scheduled to perform curbside Christmas tree pick-up during the weeks of Jan. 10-14 and Jan. 17-20. This will be done in conjunction with the regularly-scheduled waste pick-up throughout the City of Rockford.
Citizens may also deposit Christmas trees at the following parks within the City of Rockford through Jan. 14:
→ Gambino Park
→ Alpine Park (behind Heartland Church)
→ Riverdahl Park (off Sandy Hollow Road east of Kishwaukee Street)
→ Levings Lake Park (near Montague Street entrance)
→ Andrews Park
→ Blackhawk Park (south of Marinelli Field)
Citizens are asked to remove metal Christmas tree stands, lights and ornaments prior to placing trees at the curb for pick-up or when depositing in parks.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue