- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Curbside Christmas tree pick-up
From press release
Rock River Disposal is scheduled to perform curbside Christmas tree pick-up during the weeks of Jan. 10-14 and Jan. 17-20. This will be done in conjunction with the regularly-scheduled waste pick-up throughout the City of Rockford.
Citizens may also deposit Christmas trees at the following parks within the City of Rockford through Jan. 14:
→ Gambino Park
→ Alpine Park (behind Heartland Church)
→ Riverdahl Park (off Sandy Hollow Road east of Kishwaukee Street)
→ Levings Lake Park (near Montague Street entrance)
→ Andrews Park
→ Blackhawk Park (south of Marinelli Field)
Citizens are asked to remove metal Christmas tree stands, lights and ornaments prior to placing trees at the curb for pick-up or when depositing in parks.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue