- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Job listing and job application services
From press release
The nCenter at 130 N. First St. in downtown Rockford has expanded its Computer Lab Services, according to Gerald Lott, executive director.
Effective immediately, job listing services and résumé/cover letter preparation assistance will be available. This is in addition to all of the other offerings at the lab. The standard offerings include online and offline games, access to the Internet, Microsoft software, typing lessons, etc.
The Computer Lab is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The cost is only $1 per hour for any number of hours. Other labs in the area have time limits and sometimes waiting lines. “Usually there is no waiting for our equipment,” Lott said.
For more information about the Computer Lab Services, call the nCenter at (815) 977-5070.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue