- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Job listing and job application services
From press release
The nCenter at 130 N. First St. in downtown Rockford has expanded its Computer Lab Services, according to Gerald Lott, executive director.
Effective immediately, job listing services and résumé/cover letter preparation assistance will be available. This is in addition to all of the other offerings at the lab. The standard offerings include online and offline games, access to the Internet, Microsoft software, typing lessons, etc.
The Computer Lab is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The cost is only $1 per hour for any number of hours. Other labs in the area have time limits and sometimes waiting lines. “Usually there is no waiting for our equipment,” Lott said.
For more information about the Computer Lab Services, call the nCenter at (815) 977-5070.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue