- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
National looping champ Stendek to play at Kryptonite Friday, Jan. 7
By Jim Hagerty
The looping artist known nationally as Stendek will be at Kryptonite Friday, Jan.7. The show is part of downtown Rockford’s First Friday event.
Born Philip Stendek, Stendek is known nationally for live looping in his one-man show. While looping is typically done by DJs and hip-hop artists, Stendek offers an original twist to the art and layers guitar, bass, keyboards and drums to create a hybrid pop/acoustic folk and reggae sound.
Based in Missouri, Stendek plays hundreds of shows each year and won the BOSS Loop Station World Championship looping contest last year.
Chicago’s Good Bye Home will also be at Kryptonite Friday. Tickets are $5.
First Friday events happen the first Friday of each month, with happenings at several downtown venues. This Friday, live music, visual art and comedy will be featured at 11 establishments.
Kryptonite is at 308 W. State St. The club can be reached at (815) 965-0931. More about Stendek is at reverbnation.com/stendek.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue