- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
National looping champ Stendek to play at Kryptonite Friday, Jan. 7
By Jim Hagerty
The looping artist known nationally as Stendek will be at Kryptonite Friday, Jan.7. The show is part of downtown Rockford’s First Friday event.
Born Philip Stendek, Stendek is known nationally for live looping in his one-man show. While looping is typically done by DJs and hip-hop artists, Stendek offers an original twist to the art and layers guitar, bass, keyboards and drums to create a hybrid pop/acoustic folk and reggae sound.
Based in Missouri, Stendek plays hundreds of shows each year and won the BOSS Loop Station World Championship looping contest last year.
Chicago’s Good Bye Home will also be at Kryptonite Friday. Tickets are $5.
First Friday events happen the first Friday of each month, with happenings at several downtown venues. This Friday, live music, visual art and comedy will be featured at 11 establishments.
Kryptonite is at 308 W. State St. The club can be reached at (815) 965-0931. More about Stendek is at reverbnation.com/stendek.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue