- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
National looping champ Stendek to play at Kryptonite Friday, Jan. 7
By Jim Hagerty
The looping artist known nationally as Stendek will be at Kryptonite Friday, Jan.7. The show is part of downtown Rockford’s First Friday event.
Born Philip Stendek, Stendek is known nationally for live looping in his one-man show. While looping is typically done by DJs and hip-hop artists, Stendek offers an original twist to the art and layers guitar, bass, keyboards and drums to create a hybrid pop/acoustic folk and reggae sound.
Based in Missouri, Stendek plays hundreds of shows each year and won the BOSS Loop Station World Championship looping contest last year.
Chicago’s Good Bye Home will also be at Kryptonite Friday. Tickets are $5.
First Friday events happen the first Friday of each month, with happenings at several downtown venues. This Friday, live music, visual art and comedy will be featured at 11 establishments.
Kryptonite is at 308 W. State St. The club can be reached at (815) 965-0931. More about Stendek is at reverbnation.com/stendek.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue