- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
To the Editor: Thanks from Rockford Choral Union
Thank you from everyone in the Rockford Choral Union for your help in publicizing our 65th anniversary of Handel’s “Messiah” in Rockford. We appreciate it! It was the largest audience in 20 years! Saturday’s performance was very well attended, and Sunday’s performance was standing-room-only. A number of people arrived two hours early on Sunday (an hour prior to the doors opening) to get good seats.
Thank you again! We know that we couldn’t do it without the media, and we appreciate you!
Member of the Board of Directors of the Rockford Choral Union, and Co-Chairman of Publicity, 2010
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue