- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
YWCA to offer new Microsoft Word & Excel training
From press release
The YWCA is offering job readiness computer skills trainings next month that can lead to Microsoft Office Certification. These popular series of classes have been scheduled to meet the needs of individuals looking to take classes during the day.
The Microsoft Word classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 18, and Microsoft Excel classes begin Thursday, Jan. 20. The series run for 10 weeks, once a week. All classes are from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The courses are reasonably priced at only $50 each, and everyone who attends all 10 sessions will receive a refund of $25.
The training will take place at the YWCA of Rockford, 4900 E. State St., in the Puri Family Computer Lab. Class size is limited to 20 individuals.
The computer lab is open and free of charge for individual use on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 12:30 through 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday from12:30 to 8 p.m. The lab is also available for rental, providing a classroom setting for businesses and organizations that lack computer lab space but wish to offer group training on industry-specific software for their employees.
For more information or to register, call (814) 316-6122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue