- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
YWCA to offer new Microsoft Word & Excel training
From press release
The YWCA is offering job readiness computer skills trainings next month that can lead to Microsoft Office Certification. These popular series of classes have been scheduled to meet the needs of individuals looking to take classes during the day.
The Microsoft Word classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 18, and Microsoft Excel classes begin Thursday, Jan. 20. The series run for 10 weeks, once a week. All classes are from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The courses are reasonably priced at only $50 each, and everyone who attends all 10 sessions will receive a refund of $25.
The training will take place at the YWCA of Rockford, 4900 E. State St., in the Puri Family Computer Lab. Class size is limited to 20 individuals.
The computer lab is open and free of charge for individual use on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 12:30 through 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday from12:30 to 8 p.m. The lab is also available for rental, providing a classroom setting for businesses and organizations that lack computer lab space but wish to offer group training on industry-specific software for their employees.
For more information or to register, call (814) 316-6122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Jan. 5-11, 2011 issue